This bright, updated, duplex is close to everything that this great community has to offer. This large 4 bed, 2 bath duplex is situated on a corner lot with a single garage and lots of extra parking. The main level boasts a large, bright L-shaped living and dining area with access to a private, west-facing deck. The modern, white kitchen has tiled backsplash and ample cupboard space. 2 large bedrooms and a 4-...
Welcome to the Kinsmen Park area of Esquimalt, where you will find this spacious, 900+ sf, 2 bed, 2 bath condo, conveniently located minutes from the Gorge Waterway, Gorge Vale Golf Club and Tillicum Mall, with easy access to downtown. This contemporary condo boasts 9-ft ceilings, an open-concept kitchen, dining and living area, in-suite laundry, and French doors leading to a large deck, with room for a BBQ a...
Welcome to this terrific, spacious townhome in a tranquil setting just above the E&N Rail Trail. This spacious top-floor, 1400+ sf, 2 bed, 2 bath townhome includes 3 generously-sized outdoor spaces so you can follow the sun! The large kitchen features tile floors, plenty of cupboards and an adjacent eating area with a built-in desk. There is a formal dining area and a bright open living room with a cozy wood-...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Are you looking to move to Victoria? Are you already living in Victoria and hoping to change homes? Let me help you!
My professional experience includes more than twenty years of employment as a teacher, principal and manager in educational settings from kindergarten to post-secondary. I worked for the Calgary Board of Education for more than 16 years, and then I moved to B.C. where I worked as an educational program manager at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. These experiences have provided me with exceptional skills in creating opportunities for successful outcomes in a wide variety of circumstances.
My passion for real estate is long-standing with extensive personal experience buying and selling homes in Calgary, Vancouver, and Victoria. When I moved to Vancouver Island, I turned that passion into a new and exciting career.
Having moved many times over the years I understand and appreciate the ups and downs of finding that “perfect home”. Sometimes, something that we think is essential slips away or changes as we start exploring possibilities. Aligning our needs and wants with our dreams can be a daunting task. However, there is nothing more satisfying than that feeling you get when you open the door and you just know “this is the one”. Let me help you find that feeling…let me help you Find Home.
Contact me at 778-533-0246 or email@example.com